Friday, April 20, 2007

Back blogging

I was inspired this week by my friend Dawn and her blog from Japan and after remembering my password and where my blog even was here I am!

Yes, I am still in Kyiv and hopefully I can be better about posting some of the many photos taken since I moved here from L'viv back in 2005. Since I last posted I also have a new job....well, its not so new any more. February 1, 2006 I left AMP and started my job at IRI. Its been over a year, I've learned so much and am still really enjoying it.


Some of you have written regarding the political crisis currently going on here in Ukraine. This week there have been rival protests going on in front of/surrounding the Constitutional Court, as they hear the case on the constitutionality of the President's decree on dissolving Parliament. I just happen to live about a half block up the street from the building. Today there were approximately 15,000 people with 2/3 of the protesters being from the opposition. This weekend the opposition has called for people to come in from the regions. When they did this on March 31 over 80,000 people showed up. We'll see how many turn up this weekend.

More pictures & updates to come!
AK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home